Pinchers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mondo French Fry...

And so I spent part of last night and most of this morning cutting Large Fries... and only 1 fry is served... It's more like 1 fry is the size of an eclair.  I cut out one fry from 1 potato and they had to all be the same size and I had to cut 300 of them. 

I started cutting them last night and after getting a sample out to cut out the ones this morning Chef Eric looked at them and said they were getting a little bit on the Fat side so I double checked the width and length on ALL of them.  Just my luck to pick out a Fatty for my sampler, and later Chef Eric came by again and picked one up and said that my potatoes look a 1000 times better than the Last set of Large Fries that were cut and He wasn't mentioning names lol...

There were, gosh I want to say, 7 buckets of Scrap potatoes and 2 1/2 buckets of the fries.  So at the end of the day Chef Eric asked me to get the potatoes because he was gonna start cooking them.  And so I get them and then go back to what I was doing and about 15 minutes later he comes over and says, "OMG Those potatoes look so good, they look like they've been run through a machine!"  Then he said the name of one of the guys'  and said that Joe Blow ('cause I couldn't hear his name) can't believe how good they look, and I look up at him and he looks at me and looks back at the potatoes in amazement and shakes his head while laughing.  LOL  And so I look at Chef Eric and say "Thank you Chef" and he says, "No, Thank you!  I'm impressed!  And, you're a Champion for doing all those fries."

And so...I'm Happy, They're Happy, We're All Happy...It pays to be a wee bit OCD LOL...

It took me so long to do the potatoes that I had to work 12 hours today in order to get done what was on my little work list.  But it's all good.  I'm TIRED but eh, I made an impression and that's a good thing.

I miss my LCB Family...

That's my blip for my BFFs today.

No comments: