Pinchers

Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Samoan Koko Recipe...

                                             

And so I woke up this morning and I got it in my brain to make french bread.  Ashley, my niece, came up and asked me what I was doing and after I told her she says, "OOooo, do we have koko?"  Are you kidding me? Darcy loves Samoan koko so much she makes sure we have TONS on hand lol.  And then I'm like, Hmmmm today would be a good day to work out my recipe for Samoan Koko.  So I measured and weighed, added and tasted and came up with the way that I like my Koko to taste.  Here it is folks.  Make it, drink it and weep. 

One of the breakfast of Champians in the Samoan household is Fresh baked bread and Samoan Koko. Mmmmmmmmmm oh so goooooood...  I like it just the way it is or I also like to add Evaporated milk or coconut milk to taste. 

Try it out and if you have the time please leave me a review...

1 gallon  Water
5oz (2cups)   Samoan Koko, Grated with the smaller plane
1 1/2 cups  Sugar

Bring the water to a boil.  Add the koko and stir.  Reduce heat to a simmer.  Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.  Add sugar, stir.  I suggest you start off with 1 cup of suger in case you don't like your koko as sweet as I do.

Yep, it's as simple as that.  The hard part is grating the koko.

That's my blip for my BFFs today...Enjoy!

No comments: