Pinchers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

As the Blade Tournés

Today we learned how to Tourné (turn) a potato, celery, and summer squash.  Evidently I don't Tourné as well as I Allumette so it's going to take a bit of practice on my end.  My instructor on the other hand can Tourné a potato while holding it behind his back... True Story, I saw it with my own eyes.  I don't think I want to try practicing the behind the back technique especially with my history of stabbing myself while cutting the lawn with a machete.  I'll be happy just being able to do it while holding it directly in front of me.

So, we did our little line up for uniform inspection today and i didn't pass with flying colors (hangs head down low).  Why, do you ask?  Well, the teacher said that my nails were to long and marked points off.    My teacher says that Nails like to collect "things" when you go "potty".  In other words, if you can see the whites of your nails then you have pooper scoopers on your fingertips and therefore harvesting an abundance of potential Foodborne Pathogens.  So, after i write this up i'm off to go cut my nails down to nubs.  Guess I'll start practicing on my guitar again lol.  Attached is a photo of my nails, what do you think? Now, I know i don't have beautiful hands and i don't plan on making commercials so keep your funnies to a minimum lol... it is what it is.

The class was a little smaller today after our li'l 3 day weekend.  It's only week 2 and people are dropping like flies already.  Included in that list of flies was, (can you guess?), the infamous Robert.  You remember him from my Boop poop de oops blog don't you?  I wonder if he'll be in class tomorrow.  Hmmm?

And to finish my blog with a bang I'm proud to announce that my grade for the first week in Culinary class was, drum roll please...... An "A".   I can only hope to be able to keep it up.   Math is gonna kill me but i'll take what i can get and hope for the best in the end.

And that is my blip for my BFFs today.

No comments: