Pinchers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Testing 1,2,3...

I just finished writing a big Huge long blog, clicked a button by accident, POOF all gone. Now i have to rewrite everything. Yes, i dropped a few "F" bombs.

So, now this version is not nearly as winded as the last but eh, you're probably thinking, Thank God.

We had a test today in Culinary Foundations. I crammed my little ass off last night, woke up this morning and read some more and was hoping that the teacher would come in and give us the test while all this was fresh in my mind. Nope, Not happening. He did a review then wanted us to work on our Tourné cuts again, clean up, THEN take the test. My inner self at this point is screaming "OMG I'm gonna forget everything!" But come test time i think i did just fine.

I'm sorry, i'm a slacker. This is the 2nd time that i've forgotten to take a photo of my cuts. If i keep this up i won't have much of a portfolio. /sigh

I flew through the first part, just about pee'd my pants thinking about the math/measurement part but even that wasn't too bad. What i think i may have messed up on was the Kitchen Brigade part where we had to match the ranks with duties. Better luck next time.

Then came Sanitations but just before class started it started to snow Big HUGE flakes outside and the Natives started getting restless. "OMG I can't drive in the snow." "I live on a Hill, I'm not gonna be able to make it up to the top." But then towards the middle of class Chef Knaup came in and says "Calm down. It's stopped snowing and the sun is out, the snow is melting." I'm so relieved because I was a little concerned myself but i didn't show it because i'm studly, macho, suave like that. =P

So on with the class. We got into this discussion about McDonalds Chicken nuggets. Yep, it's made from a chicken but it's not the chicken breast you're eating there son. It's various chicken parts that is bleached white. This is a little disturbing but then I think to myself, hm... I eat sausages, and Love SPAM...get over it because there is no way i'm giving up SPAM, I'm Samoan. Good thing i don't order the Chicken nuggets but every 5 years or so.

We were given our Sanitations grades today and I'm happy to announce a whopping 99% for an A for me. I'm gonna need all the good grades i can muster especially since i'm gonna be missing my Friday class in order to go to my cousin Lua Afatasi's funeral. Life happens... so i'll just do the make up work and hope for the best.

What happened to Robert? He withdrew from the program yesterday.

And that is my blip for my BFFs today.

1 comment:

Miss Sue said...

all that being said, I have to admit, I'm a little bummed to hear about Robert. Nothing like a good Poop story to get the story goin. :)