Pinchers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Term 2 Finals

First day of finals consisted of Lamb stew practical with French Omelette for a curve ball and 100 question written test.  Thank the heavens for the 5 dozen eggs I used to practice making French Omelettes lol.

Second day we made poached salmon, rice pilaf and sauteed zucchini.  Curve ball was 15 questions on basic cooking techniques. 

Third day was Pasta day.  We had to make a noodle dish, as stuffed pasta dish and a surprise for the chef as a curve ball.  So, I made tortellini stuffed with ricotta and herbs in a mushroom alfredo sauce.  Also, Fettuccine alfredo with Prawns.  And for my curve ball Chefs suprise I made Carbonara with spaghetti noodles. 

Over all I did well.  I came out with 95% on my written test and on my test the Chef wrote that I had the highest score out of the students of both A and B shifts.  Yay me.  Thomas and Rikki were both vying for the first place spot but after it was all said and done I came out #1 in class again.  Both Thomas and Rikki have made it clear that I should watch my back because they are coming to get me next term lol.  I have been fortunate enough to score high on my written test because they are both Excellent cooks and are both very capable and I was honestly expecting one of them to come out on top and not me. 

CF3B Here we come.  Bigger, Badder and Harder.  We've graduated from Jr. High and High School is on the Horizon. 

Today I volunteered to help Chef with the schools Open House.  We made Gourmet beef and salmon sliders.  Good stuff.  No, not mixed, Separate.  Beef sliders and Salmon sliders lol... Everything was made from scratch yep, we ground the beef and salmon right there in the kitchen.  And I got a funny vid of Sal singing away while cleaning up.  I got to bring some food home and share it with my little family.  Yum!!

Well, that's my blip for my BFFs today.  p.s.  The vid of Sal didn't turn out.  booooo!

No comments: