Pinchers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Veal Scallopini with Petit Pois a la Francaise sauce.

We made 2 dishes today.  A grilled pork chop with Charcutier sauce and Escalope deVeau a la creme, petit pois a la Francaise.  I'm going to go over the veal dish because well, it was Nommy.  There was a recipe for peas and onions and blah blah blah... I'm gonna focus on the veal, mushrooms and creme sauce.

1 pc of veal escalope (thin sliced), 8 mushrooms, flour for dusting, clarified butter for sautéing, about 4oz cream, and oh about 2 oz of cognac, brandy...

Pound out the veal to about 1/4 inch thick in between plastic wrap.  slice the mushrooms.  Season your flour and veal then dust the veal.  Add clarified butter to frying pan, med high-high heat.  Sauté the veal, remove from pan then add a little more butter and over High heat, sauté the mushrooms then move the pan away from the fire and add the cognac then back to the heat and tilt your pan until you get FLAMBÉ!!  when the flame goes out add the cream.  You're stirring up the stuff  (suc) that was on the bottom of the pan to add all that yummy flavor to the sauce.  Taste, salt and pepper and add chopped parsley for flavor and garnish... This is enough for 2 servings.  Cut that veal in 1/2 before sautéing it or not if your a manly man, or woman...but you'll have a big 'ol piece of meat taking up the whole of the plate lol.

So, if you don't like veal then how about chicken, or pork chop even.  Don't limit yourself to the requirments of a recipe. 

We had peas and mashed potatoes to go with this dish.  I packed it all up and took it home to share with Darcy.  My photo of this dish is a little blurry but if you scroll down to my photos you'll see my plating for it.  The Chef liked it and I hope you do too.

That's my blip for my BFFs for today.  Bon Appetit... while playing WoW one of our guildies was logging off to go eat dinner and in my rush to type before he logged I misspelled Appetit and my Canadian friend gave me a bit of razzing about Ape tits...

No comments: