Pinchers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Please sir, may I have another?"

Sauces and more sauces.  I'm pooped.  We made that Brown sauce yesterday and today we made 3 derivatives of the brown sauce...We also made Tomato sauce, saved the tomato sauce so that we can make more sauce tomorrow...

My Tomato sauce was awesome.  My 3 sauces on the other hand had wonderful flavor but I Mounted with Butter too much or sautéed with too much butter or whatever with the butter but Chef said it was a little on the greasy side.  Not much but just enough to leave grease "bubbles" on the spoon.  I guess I shouldn't have mounted that butter today, but I'm sure if I was making that sauce for Darcy she would have been all over it with the extra pat of butter.  /sigh And there is proof that it's not always going to be the greatest day ever for me. 

I'm tired today.  We've been making the sauces individually so it's a bit hectic in the kitchen.  But Mise en place was on today so people did much better today than they did yesterday.  Now if only they would clean as they go then we wouldn't be all backed up at the sink at the end of class.

What a boring day, everyone being so focused on cooking that nothing too exciting has really happened.  I'll upload the vids for you to check out the sauces.  

Today we made Sauce Robert, Marchand de Vin, and Chasseur.  All were really wonderfull.   First we took our brown sauce and mixed it with equal parts of brown stock and simmered.  When we added the wine to the onions we reduced it to auc sec (to Dry) then added the brown sauce mixture, Mount with butter, TAAT and you're good to go.  Watch the vids for quantity and procedures...

I'm falling asleep as I write this so I'm gonna go take a nap then upload the vids.

Thats my blip for my BFFs today.

No comments: