Pinchers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Rinse and Repeat

Well now we're just making sauces over and over again getting ready for a test tomorrow.  So... That makes for a boring blog AAaaand no vids. 

Today we had to make 3 sauces to save for tomorrows test.  Velouté, Bechamel and Espagnole.  Also practice Hollandaise and Beurre Blanc.  I pretty much have them down.  I get nervous about making the sauces to thick so it takes me forever to get the sauce to the right consistancy because I'm adding so little roux at a time.  But I made all 5 sauces today which is good, compared to some that only did the minimum required 3.  And that was with having to make more roux for my sauces...

I have to work on keeping my work station in order.  I'm at an organized chaos stage lol... I know where everything is but it's kind of all over the place.  I'm not cleaning as I go too so I have neat little stacks of things around.  Note to self... Clean up the neat little stacks lol.   I'm cooking fast enough, just not neat enough and it shows on my grade /sigh...

Had to set up the router for the internet today, took way too long and so now I have to cut this short and go study for the test tomorrow.  

That's my blip for my BFFs today.

No comments: