Pinchers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day Two Finals CF3B

Meh, My brain is full of air and is flatulating constantly during finals so far.  My 2nd Dish was late to the Pass  Heh, I didn't even know I was late to the pass until the Chef says to me, "this is the first time you've ever been late to the pass..."  "What?" I spin around and look at the clock and sure enough it's 2 minutes past cutoff time.   At this point I just want it to be over with.  I didn't even get upset about it being late.  All I have to say is, At least my Risotto wasn't "Crunchy" by the looks of the pots that I had to wash today. 

We had to make Stuffed chicken breast with pan sauce, Risotto, and grilled zucchini.  I stuffed my chicken with shallots, roasted red bell pepper, roasted garlic, mushroom and herbs mixed with goat cheese. 

This plate made it to the pass on time, and the mantra is Hot food Hot, Cold food Cold.  Well, my plate was so hot that the sauce was bubbling lol.  I tossed the plate in the oven and made my pan sauce but evidently it was in there too long and well, Chef told me that the plate was too hot lol as if I didn't know and all I could say was, "Okay Chef, Sorry Chef" and take my Hot plate back to the table with me and get ready to plate up my Osso buco.  The upside to this is that even after I cleared and washed the plate for the next round, it was still so hot that I didn't have to reheat it lol..."if you get lemons"...

The second dish was Osso Buco, which is a veal shank stew.  with whipped potatoes and a veg, so I opted to make Sautéed Green Beans.  Well, it was late to the pass so, no grade for that dish, but eh, I took it home and ate it for lunch and it was fine and dandy.  A little bland on the sauce but lol it mattereth not at this point.
And that's my blip for my  BFFs today.

2 comments:

Miss Sue said...

Sounds delish!

sistermhill said...

I love your blog...keep it coming!