Pinchers

Friday, June 17, 2011

Whew...

And so we've come to the tailend of this term and next week is finals week.  There really has not been much to write on as this term has been mostly a review of techniques learned in our previous term.  Chef Frerichs is an Excellent instructor and this will be his last term as an instructor at Le Cordon Bleu.  He will be moving to New Jersey to Bigger and Brighter things.  His shoes will be EXTREMELY hard to fill. 

Last week Friday was one of the Worst days for me at school.  Things just didn't pan out as they should have, and my dish was late to the pass,  Never say Never because I never said it but I Never thought that I'd ever be late to the Pass.  So many things happened and I was so angry and when I get THAT angry, if I don't have an outlet like a punching bag per se, I just cry.  And so, the Chef calls me up to the Pass for the review of my dish and he's all "so, Talk to me Sol, what's going on, what happened?"  And I stand there and stand there and he says again, "talk to me."  So, of course the minute I open my mouth the floodgates open as well.  /sigh, I hate when that happens. 

So many times, I've prepped out my stuff and started something on the stove and then go to prep out my dish and when I'm ready to use that oh, hot pot of water that I put on the stove, or whatever it may be, I come to find that Oh, I can't use that pot of water because SOMEONE ELSE has decided that they need that pot of water too even though they didn't put it there in the first place, and it's "Oh, I'm sorry, was this yours?"
Now, normally I don't mind and I just get another pot going and I continue.  Well, on this particular day, there was some serious crunch time going on and that little extra minute was a minute too much.  

I get my plate up to the Pass late and ..."Sol, where's the sauce?"  OMG, WTF and so many other flourished verbatum passed my mind, I go to my sauce and the pan is totally dry.  In my haste to get my dish plated I, obviously, forgot about the sauce sOOOooo, I headed on back to the rack and whipped out ingredients to make another sauce. 

And so I'm done with venting to the Chef as quietly as I could muster and he looks up and says.  You have really good flavors on your dish.  And I'm thinking to myself, well, FAT lot of good these nice flavors are going to do me now especially since Late plates to the pass get no points... /sigh...

So I come home and I'm all pissy and Poor Darcy gets the story, and I get all upset again...Bah, I get over it and now we're at the end of Yet another week and here we are with the upcoming Finals week.   I had been at a B+ since the beginning of the term and we got our update on grades yesterday and to my surprise,  I'm at an A- now and I'm so surprised and pleased.  I was sure that I'd be at a B- or even a C after last Friday.

Today was another OMG kind of day but I'll save that for another day.

That's my blip for my BFFs today.

No comments: