Pinchers

Monday, June 6, 2011

Ribeye, Carnitas, Amuse Bouche OH MY...

It was a full day of Crazy.  Ribeye Steaks, risotto, and Tomato Provencal for one dish and for the next we teamed up to make Pork Carnitas with Flour Tortillas, Guacamole, Salsa Cruda, and Poblano and Corn saute.  I teamed up with Richard, He made the tortillas, I made the guacamole, salsa and corn saute, then he built the Carnita and we plated it up together.  Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. 

Amuse Bouche, pronounced ah-mooz boosh, and means to amuse the mouth.  What is that you ask?  It's a One bite wonder.  A teaser gift from the Chef just to give you a taste of things to come.  The song "Anticipation" by Carly Simon just popped into my head lol.  So, we had to make one of these for the chef from what we had in the kitchen, so I took a slice of bagette and cut it to a tiny disc, put olive oil on it and popped it in the oven to toast.  Then I put guacamole on the bread, then salsa, fried up 3 slivers of bacon to top it... Well, the Chef liked it well enough lol.

The Tomato Provencal has a breading mixed with butter, herbs and seasoning, topping a tomato cut in half then baked in the oven until the tomato is tender.  Well, I put too much butter on my breading as per Chef.  Then I made a risotto and I do believe that the rice was made quite well and had a good creamy consistency to it but after all the testing to make sure the rice was done properly and making sure I had the right creamy consistency I forgot to Taste and season the stupid thing!  /sigh... Fail.  The steak on the other hand was grilled and finished off in the oven to medium.  Turned out well and was quite yummy when I took it home to share with Darcy.

So, good on the Amuse Bouche, Fail on the Steak dish but came back on the Carnitas dish.  All in all it was a Whole lot of crazy and plenty of dishes to was at the end of class.

I get inducted into the Ambassador Club tomorrow.  Tonight I made my Healthy Macaroni and Cheese dish and wrote it up and calculated all the Nutritional stats with the help of the resident Numbers wonder, Darcy.  I used Darcy as a guinea pig to taste it and it must have been good because she asked for seconds.  I'll get that recipe on the Blog soon.  I'm going to take it in to the Chef and see if he likes it and tell me if I need to make any adjustments.

Thats my Blip for my BFFs today.

No comments: