Pinchers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Final Day One CF3B

Fabricate a chicken, check.  Make Basmati rice, check.  Roast Asparagus, check.  Make Ballontine, Check...  Then it was time to plate up.  Oops, dropped the ball.  I was right up to the minute to that pass and I was rushing to get my dishes plated that I forgot to TAAT my rice and I admit that my plate was lack luster. 

So a big sigh for the flop but I'm glad the first day is done and over with.  Who forgets to TAAT on a final?  Sheesh what a loser I am...

What's TAAT?  Taste Anylize Adjust & Taste.  Yep, my rice was bland.  Oh, what really sucked was while I was putting the sear on my chicken it started sticking a little and as I was moving it about the extra skin I used  that was tied on with butcher twine decided to come off the chicken and take the twine with it so I'm cooking the chicken and hoping my forcemeat stuffing doesn't just all ooze out of the rest of the chicken...

We also had a written test on measurement conversion and Erma the cow.  I believe I did well on it.  200 Question written test tomorrow... I hope I can focus on studying tonight.  I'm supposed to redo my Mac n Cheese dish from my flex assignment because the Chef didn't really like the taste of the cheeses he had me use due to a bitter after taste.  So, yes i'm cooking Mac n Cheese yet, again.  /sigh  I don't even like Mac n Chz. 

So, That's my blip for my BFFs today.

No comments: